The Olympia Area Chapter serves military officers in the area ranging from Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) south to Chehalis, WA and west to the Gray's Harbor area. Among the 160-plus members are officers on active duty as well as veterans and their survivors.
The chapter publishes a 5-Star award winning monthly newsletter, The Bugle. MOAA National, the various State Councils and their affiliate chapters, including the Military Officers Association of America, Olympia Chapter, are all nonpartisan organizations.
This 5-Star Award winning website is published by the Olympia Area Chapter MOAA, which is an affiliate of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA).
The Olympia Area Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) and national MOAA provide their advocacy in a nonpartisan manner. Any inference of partisanship is unintended.
1. To promote the aims of the Military Officers Association of America as stated in the By laws of that Association.
2. To advocate for national and state legislative actions that protect the rights and interests of veterans, uniformed service retirees, and active duty personnel to include all dependents and survivors of same plus promote our national security as well as support the other legislative objectives of the Military Officers Association of America.
3. To encourage and facilitate camaraderie among active, retired, National Guard, reserve, and former officers of the uniformed services of the United States of America.
4. To support philanthropic efforts for our military families in our community.
MOAA Legislative Action Center: moaa.quorum.us
Inspire our members to make a better community around us.
Our philanthropic efforts:
We have collected toys, school backpacks, and provided labor to children camps benefiting the families in our community.
We also make contributions to support five community service activities during the year. They are:
Dec-Jan-Feb Olympia Area MOAA Scholarship Program
March-Apr-May USO Northwest
Jun-Jul-Aug Fisher House JBLM
Sep-Oct-Nov Santa's Castle JBLM
- ALL YEAR - Student Scholarship Fund
Additionally, the Chapter makes an annual donation to the Shelton NJROTC Booster Club out of the general fund.